logowanie | rejestracja
capri.pl » forum » nadwozie » HELP.Any body who speaks english.Norway calling.

HELP.Any body who speaks english.Norway calling.

Hi
I am from Norway,and my big innterest is old cars ,mostly american cars.Take a look at my website http://spirit-of-america.biz/ that also have an english etidition.
I have been to your country 6 times the last year , mostly to have cars painted,use to be in Torun.
But I am innterested in getting new friends in Poland with the same innterest.
And i wonder if you now about firm/company that do a good job with chrome.(chromowanie).
In Norway its very expensive to chrome parts , for all the chrome on a american car from the fifties , it will be about 20 000-25 000 Zl.
I am also innterested if anybody knows about a firm doing a good job with making new upholstery ,seats and door panels and so on.

The best will have been if you know about someone that is good with restoring cars , with welding and painting and can arrange everything that have to be done with a car.

I use to restore my cars by my self earlier, but because i have a neck injury, I only do smaller work now like engine and mecanic things.

I prefer firms Gdansk-Torun area.

Hope there is somebody out there that can give me some information.
Is there many Capri's in Poland.It's a nice car.

Regards Per Arne Sund

Torget 8900 Brønnøysund

email torghatten@c2i.net

website http://spirit-of-america.biz/
My cars

pontiacgrandville / 2004-10-26 21:45:08 /

Hi

When you need new chromes contact Camaro form our site - he already gave an adress to the company which is doing it.
http://www.capri.pl/services/user-info?id=154

He is closer for you then me - I know a good workshop which is doing new chrome detalis but near Katowice - Zory exactly.

"The best will have been if you know about someone that is good with restoring cars , with welding and painting and can arrange everything that have to be done with a car."

This is a very hard topic. There are many workshops which are restoring old cars but mostly the quality of such work is very bad - final effect also. Many times it isn't even something we can call quality ;-) There are some profesionals in Poland such as NOSTALGIA in Łódź.

There are still many Capri's in Poland - many on old rule - still runs so why should I not drive it to the end ? ;-/ but there are also some in renovation or already in perfect condition and which are/will be used as a real oldtimer car should be used not for every day use.

MikeB4 Dokładna lokalizacja na mapie Członek Stowarzyszenia capri.pl / 2004-10-26 22:29:05 /

Hi
Thank you for the answer.
It don’t have to be a professional work shop, many of the best restorers in Norway are private persons that have a big passion for old or special cars. And one person don’t have to the whole job if they have contacts with people that can and can send bumpers to get it chromed, and others to do the upholstery job and so on.

Thanks
Per Arne Sund

http://spirit-of-america.biz/

pontiacgrandville / 2004-10-26 23:40:22 /

You should know that in Poland You wont get anything cheap and good. Like everywhere i think :) If You want really high quality You`ll pay money too. There are really few workshops where You can trust that everything will be done well and simply collect the parts when they`re done. Usually something will need extra attention and explaining how to do it so I think You need someone here to help You with looking after it and so on...
As for the upholstery You probably can get really high quality for good money. You should look for contacts among professionals that restore classic cars. I think You need someone that knows some people here and is willing to share the information :)
I dont know any passionate that has the ability of chroming big parts like bumpers from american cars from the 50ties :) Come on! Do You think its even possible? :)))
I`ll try to send You some contacts to Your email soon.

Michal W Członek Stowarzyszenia capri.pl / 2004-10-27 00:18:56 /

Hi again
I have a paintshop in Torun that I can trust,they are doing a good paintjob,but some of the cars get bubbling in the paint after a while.And I think the reason is that after they paint it with primer,they have the cars left outside in rain and cold for days or weeks before the final painting.
But it will maybe be better , if they used a closed (zink?)primer,that also are against rust.
And if I could have learn them to weld the metal side by side (edge to edge),Now they are cutting away the rust ,but not welding edge to edge.
They weld the new plates about 1cm over the old metal.
But they are not speaking english at the paintshop , so it's sometimes a little bit difficult.
But they are really good people and try to do their best.

And since I have been to Torun some times now and really like it there,it will be best to still be in the district.
But it also possible to have someone else to do the rust/welding work and use the same firm for painting.
And I now they can arrange sending and picking up chrome parts and upholstery if I get the adresses/contacts for it.

Thats all for now
Per Arne Sund
http://spirit-of-america.biz/

pontiacgrandville / 2004-10-27 10:40:48 /